Sunday 17 March 1935
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Man Who Knew Too Much, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1935!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1935 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Adam Wade in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; actor/singer ("Kiss Me Goodbye", "Crazy Joe").
- Albertus Geldermans: Netherlands sport Champion.
- Frederick Mackenzie: American sedimentary and global biogeochemist.
- Patrick Etolu: Ugandan high jumper (d. 2013).
- Adam Wade: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -- Singer (Tony Orlando & Dawn).
- Gene Schoenfeld: American journalist known in underground newspapers as "Dr. Hippocrates," the author of a medical information-help column.
- KSO-AM in Des Moines Iowa call sign is given to KWCR
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 March 1935 and get them!