Tuesday 17 March 1936, St. Patrick's Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ladislaw Kupkovic and Ladislav Kupkovic.
The Great Ziegfeld, directed by Robert Z. Leonard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1936!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1936 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Ladislaw Kupkovic: Composer.
- Ladislav Kupkovic: Slovakian composer.
- Thomas K Mattingly II in Chicago: Illinois, USA; Captain US Navy/astronaut (Apollo 16, STS-4, 51C).
- Ken Mattingly: American astronaut, one of 19 selected by NASA in April 1966.
- Thomas Mattingly: Chicago Military man.
- March 18 ampndash St. Patrick's Day Flood: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, suffers the worst flooding in its history.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 March 1936
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?