Friday 17 March 1944, St. Patrick's Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Patti Boyd and John Sebastian in New York City.
The Falcon Out West, directed by William Clemens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1944!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1944 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Patti Boyd: Somerset, England -- (Mrs George Harrison / Mrs Eric Clapton).
- John Sebastian in New York City: New York, USA; singer (Loving Spoonful, Welcome Back Kotter theme).
- Pat McCauley: in Northern Ireland; rock drummer (Them).
- Pattie Boyd: English model, photographer, and author.
- Christian Roberts: Christian Roberts is an English actor, best remembered for his role as the rebellious Denham in the 1967 film To Sir, with Love starring Sidney Poitier and Judy Geeson.
- Cito Gaston: Major League Baseball manager (Toronto Blue Jays).
- John Lill: English pianist
- John Sebastian: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Lovin' Spoonful Even Dozen Jug Band and The Mugwumps)
- Actor Charlton Heston weds Lydia Clarke.
- WWII: The Nazis execute almost 400 prisoners, Soviet citizens and anti-fascist Romanians at Rîbniţa.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- San Fernando Valley - Bing Crosby
- Ella Fitzgerald & Ink Spots - Cow-Cow Boogie
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?