Sunday 17 March 1946, St. Patrick's Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Peter Finnissey and Harold Brown in Long Beach.
To Each His Own, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1946!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1946 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Michael Peter Finnissey: Composer.
- Harold Brown in Long Beach: California, USA; rock drummer (War - "Summer", "Galaxy").
- Dominique Lecomte: French forensic pathologist and director of 'l’Institut Médico-Légal de Paris.
- John Baines: English historian and academic.
- Harold Brown: American drummer (War and Lowrider Band).
- Dai Li: Chinese spymaster (Born 1897).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- One-Zy, Two-Zy (I Love You-Zy) - Phil Harris
- Oh! What it Seemed to Be - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
- McNamara's Band - Bing Crosby & Jesters
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?