Monday 17 March 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Egg and I, directed by Chester Erskine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1947!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1947 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Alexandre Arcady: French actor, film director, producer and screenwriter.
- Ian Gomm: Rock guitarist.
- Jan Andersson: Swedish educator and politician.
- Yury Chernavsky: Russian-American songwriter and producer.
- Tony Cole: Australian public servant.
- James Morrow: American author
- First flight of the B-45 Tornado strategic bomber.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- How Are Things in Glocca Mora? - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?