Thursday 17 March 1949, St. Patrick's Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Patrick Duffy in Townsend and Patrick Duffy.
Impact, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Believe It or Not.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1949!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1949 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Patrick Duffy in Townsend: Montana, USA; actor (Bobby - Dallas, Man from Atlantis).
- Patrick Duffy: American actor; key role in the top TV soap "Dallas" from 1978-86.
- Daniel Lavoie: Canadian singer-songwriter, television actor, producer, and radio host, widely known for his huge hit "Ils s'aiment" and his role of Frollo in the musical "Notre-Dame de Paris".
- Hartmut Briesenick: German shot putter (d. 2013).
- Pat Rice: Northern Irish footballer and football manager.
- The Shamrock Hotel in Houston, Texas, owned by oil tycoon Glenn McCarthy, has its grand opening.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?