Friday 17 March 1950, St. Patrick's Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Patrick Adams and Michael Been.
Stage Fright, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Beat the Clock.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1950!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1950 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Patrick Adams: American record producer and songwriter.
- Michael Been: American singer-songwriter (The Call) (d. 2010).
- Mehmet İrtemçelik: Turkish diplomat.
- Belgian government of Eyskens resigns.
- Element 98 (Californium) announced.
- Researchers at the University of California, Berkeley announce the creation of element 98, which they name ''Californium''.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 March 1950
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1950 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Chattanoogie Shoe Shine Boy - Phil Harris
- Jo Stafford & Gordon MacRae - Dearie
- Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians - The Third Man Theme
- Eileen Barton - If I Knew You Were Comin' I'd've Baked a Cake
- Freddy Martin & His Orchestra - Music! Music! Music!
- Music! Music! Music! ?? - Carmen Cavallaro & His Orchestra
- Billy Eckstine - My Foolish Heart
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?