Tuesday 17 March 1953, St. Patrick's Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK She Wears Red Feathers by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
I Confess, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1953!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1953 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Filemon Lagman: Filipino communist revolutionary (d. 2001).
- Ken Lyons: American bass guitarist (38 Special) (d. 2012).
- Chuck Muncie: American football player (d. 2013).
- Conrado del Campo y Zabaleta: Composer, dies at 73.
- WBAY TV channel 2 in Green Bay, WI (CBS) begins broadcasting
- WWLP TV channel 22 in Springfield, MA (NBC) begins broadcasting
- Bill Veeck says he will sell his 80 percent of Saint Louis Browns for US$2.475 million.
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- The first nuclear test of Operation Upshot-Knothole is conducted in Nevada, with 1,620 spectators at .
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1953 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?