Sunday 17 March 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Young Love by Tab Hunter.
Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1957!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1957 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Markku Manninen: Finnish astrologer.
- Mal Donaghy: Northern Irish footballer.
- Michael Kelly: American journalist and author (d. 2003).
- Robin Cousins: England, United Kingdom -- Figure skater (1980 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Dutch ban on Sunday driving lifted
- Ramon Magsaysay, President of Philippines, dies in a plane crash.
- A plane crash in Cebu, Philippines kills Philippine President Ramon Magsaysay and 24 others.
- Philippine President Ramon Magsaysay and 24 others are killed in a plane crash.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1957 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 March 1957 and get them!