Saturday 17 March 1962, St. Patrick's Day
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Janet Patricia Gardner in Juneau and Roxy Dora Petrucci in Rochester.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Hey! Baby by Bruce Channel.
In UK Can't Help Falling In Love / Rock-A-Hula Baby by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Sweet Bird of Youth, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Benny Hill.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1962!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1962 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Janet Patricia Gardner in Juneau: Alaska, USA; rocker (Vixen - "Rev It Up").
- Roxy Dora Petrucci in Rochester: Minnesota, USA; rock drummer (Vixen - "Rev It Up").
- Patrick Thomas Burke in Hollywood: Florida, USA; PGA golfer (1992 BellSouth-6th).
- Ank Bijleveld-Schouten: Dutch politician.
- Clare Grogan: Scottish actress seen in "Gregory's Girl" in early 1980.
- Kalpana Chawla: Astronaut
- Ank Bijleveld: Dutch politician
- Janet Gardner: American singer and guitarist (Vixen)
- Roxy Petrucci: American drummer (Madam X and Vixen)
- Rob Sitch: Australian actor director producer and screenwriter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bruce Channel - Hey! Baby
- Kenny Ball and His Jazzmen - Midnight In Moscow
- Connie Francis - Don't Break The Heart That Loves You
- The Sensations - Let Me In
- Duke Of Earl - Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler)
- James Darren - Her Royal Majesty
- Don & Juan - What's Your Name
- The Everly Brothers - Crying In The Rain
- Brenda Lee - Break It To Me Gently
- Billy Joe & The Checkmates - Percolator (Twist)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?