Sunday 17 March 1963, St. Patrick's Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rebeca Arthur and Alex Fong Chung-Sun.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Walk Like A Man by The 4 Seasons.
In UK Summer Holiday by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Trial, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Musik für Sie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1963!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1963 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Rebeca Arthur: Actress (Mary Anne-Perf Strangers, Opposites Attract).
- Alex Fong Chung-Sun: Chinese actor.
- Alex Fong: Chinese actor.
- Nick Peros: Canadian guitarist and composer.
- William Henry Squire: Composer, dies at 91.
- Eruptions of Mount Agung Bali kills 1,500 Balinese.
- Elizabeth Ann Seton of New York beatified (canonized in 1975).
- Bob Cousy plays his last NBA game.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 March 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 4 Seasons - Walk Like A Man
- Ruby and the Romantics - Our Day Will Come
- Bobby Darin - You're The Reason I'm Living
- Skeeter Davis - The End Of The World
- The Cascades - Rhythm Of The Rain
- Dion - Ruby Baby
- Paul and Paula - Hey Paula
- Eydie Gorme - Blame It On The Bossa Nova
- Johnny Mathis - What Will Mary Say
- The Chiffons - He's So Fine
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?