Monday 17 March 1969
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Dizzy by Tommy Roe.
In UK Where Do You Go To (My Lovely) by Peter Sarstedt was in the top 5 hits.
Charro!, directed by Charles Marquis Warren, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1969!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1969 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Michele Mahone: Family Member.
- Edgar Grospiron: French pro skier, winner of a Gold Medal for artistic skiing in the Albertville Olympics in 1992.
- Mathew St Patrick: American actor.
- Andrew McMarlin in Vienna: Virginia, USA; rower (Olympics-1996).
- Domenic "Filane" Figliomeni in Terrace Bay: Ontario, Canada; boxer (Olympics-1996).
- Gilbert Schaller in Bruck: Austria; tennis star.
- Alexander McQueen: British fashion designer, a sensation in Paris in the '90s. One of the British "brat-pack" of young hip talent who is revolutionizing French fashion at the moment. His designs often represented a darker side of life. He suffered from a drug abuse problem and was often known to engage in wild behavior. He was found dead in his London home on February 11, 2010, an apparent suicide. Friends said he had been devasted by two deaths, the 2007 suicide of an ardent supporter, stylist Isabella Blow, and
- Patricia Ford: American model and actress
- Min Chunfeng: Chinese discus thrower
- Hugo Speer: English actor
- Hanna Stjärne: Swedish journalist
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Orange Blossom Golf Open.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Roe - Dizzy
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
- Classics IV - Traces
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. - Indian Giver
- The Zombies - Time Of The Season
- Dionne Warwick - This Girl's In Love With You
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- The Temptations - Run Away Child, Running Wild
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?