Thursday 17 March 1977, St. Patrick's Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hadeel Abol-Naga and Iveta Jankularova.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Love Theme From A Star Is Born (Evergreen) by Barbra Streisand.
In UK Chanson D'Amour by The Manhattan Transfer was in the top 5 hits.
Eraserhead, directed by David Lynch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Out of Bounds.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Destroyer or Space Wars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1977!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1977 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barbra Streisand - Love Theme From A Star Is Born (Evergreen)
- Steve Miller Band - Fly Like An Eagle
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Rich Girl
- Bob Seger - Night Moves
- ABBA - Dancing Queen
- Kenny Nolan - I Like Dreamin'
- Mary MacGregor - Torn Between Two Lovers
- David Soul - Don't Give Up On Us
- Thelma Houston - Don't Leave Me This Way
- Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?