Saturday 17 March 1990, St. Patrick's Day
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Escapade by Janet Jackson.
In UK Dub Be Good To Me by Beats International featuring Lindy Layton was in the top 5 hits.
Pretty Woman, directed by Garry Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Devices And Desires by P. D. James was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1990.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1990!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1990 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
Famous Birthdays:17 March
- Capucine : French fashion model and actress best known for her comedic roles in The Pink Panther (1963) and What's New Pussycat? (1965).
- Ric Grech British bass player (Blind Faith: Traffic) (Born 1946).
- Germaine Capucine: Actress (Rendez-Vous de Juillet), dies at 57.
- Rick Grech: British rock bassist (Blind Faith, Traffic), dies at age 44 (born 1946).
- PBA National Championship Won by Jim Pencak.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?