Monday 17 March 1997, St. Patrick's Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Can't Nobody Hold Me Down by Puff Daddy.
In UK Don't Speak by No Doubt was in the top 5 hits.
Liar Liar, directed by Tom Shadyac, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while The Partner by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1997.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1997!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1997 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Van Zandt Twins: American noted family, twins born to 51-year-old actress Adrienne Barbeau, known.
- Katie Ledecky: Swimmer.
- Sarah Burgett: YouTube Star.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average removes Westinghouse Electric, Texaco Incorporated, Bethlehem Steel, and Woolworth from its index, replacing them with Travelers Group, Hewlett-Packard Company, Johnson & Johnson, and Wal-Mart Stores Incorporated.
- CNN begins Spanish broadcasts.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?