Tuesday 17 March 2009, St. Patrick's Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Right Round by Flo Rida.
I Love You, Man, directed by John Hamburg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 2009!
Which were the important events of 17 March 2009 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 March
- Clodovil Hernandes: Brazilian politician and TV host (Born 1937).
- The New Jersey Devils' Martin Brodeur passes Patrick Roy to becomes the National Hockey League's winningest goaltender. (ESPN)
- Luxembourg becomes the European Union's third country to legalize euthanasia. (AFP via Google News)
- Nokia will cut 1,700 jobs. (''Forbes'')
- The ''Seattle Post-Intelligencer'' publishes its final print edition and becomes an online newspaper. (''Seattle PI'')
- North Korean Premier Kim Yong-il begins a five-day goodwill tour of China in Jinan, Shandong. (Reuters)
- The European Space Agency's Gravity Field and Steady-State Ocean Circulation Explorer launches from the Plesetsk Cosmodrome in Arkhangelsk Oblast, Russia. (AP)
- At least 11 people are killed and four injured in an bus accident outside Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico. (CTV)
- Saint Patrick's Day:
- United States President Barack Obama meets Irish Taoiseach Brian Cowen and Northern Irish First Minister Peter Robinson and Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness at the White House. (BBC)
- Twelve people are arrested during a disturbance in Belfast, Northern Ireland. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?