Sunday 17 May 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Home, Sweet Home, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1914!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1914 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Chang Ch'ung-ho: Chinese-American poet calligrapher and educator (d. 2015).
- Robert Thompson: American-Canadian chiropractor and politician (d. 1997).
- Guido Masanetz: composer.
- Peter Leyten bishop of Breda (1885-1914): dies at age 79.
- The Protocol of Corfu is signed recognising full autonomy to Northern Epirus under nominal Albanian sovereignty.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Amor Mio (My Love) - Enrico Caruso
- O Sole Mio (My Sunshine) - Alan Turner
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1914?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?