Saturday 17 May 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Chechahcos, directed by Lewis H. Moomaw, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1924!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1924 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Frantisek Kovaricek: Composer.
- Thomas Baird: Vice-admiral.
- Gabriel Bacquier: French baritone opera singer who debuted at the Theatre Royal de la Monnaie, Brussels, 1953.
- Claude Moss: American psychologist and writer, the author of "Hypnosis in Perspective," 1965 and "The Hypnotic Investigation of Dreams," 1967.
- Francis Tombs: Baron Tombs English engineer and politician.
- Lord Tombs: CEO (Rolls Royce).
- 50th Kentucky Derby: John Mooney aboard Black Gold wins in 2:05.2.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Fare You Well, Old Joe Clark - Fiddlin' John Carson
- Limehouse Blues - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- It's a Man, Every Time, It's a Man - Marcia Freer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?