Sunday 17 May 1925
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Paul Aron and Michel Certeau.
White Fang, directed by Lawrence Trimble, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1925!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1925 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Jean-Paul Aron: French writer, philosopher and journalist.
- Michel Certeau: French philosopher, a Jesuit and scholar whose work combined history, psychoanalysis, philosophy, and the social sciences.
- Claude Julien: French journalist, editor of "Le Monde" in 1969 and editor-in-chief then director of "Le Monde diplomatique.
- Jacques Debuisson: Neuilly sur Seine EXecutives.
- Cleveland Indians' Tris Speaker gets his 3,000th hit.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 May 1925
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1925 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Alabamy Bound - Blossom Seeley
- The Titanic - Ernest Van (Pop) Stoneman
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?