Monday 17 May 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Young and Earl of.
It's the Old Army Game, directed by A. Edward Sutherland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1926!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1926 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- David Young: Lieutenant General / CEO (Cairn Tech).
- Earl of: Airlie.
- Geoffrey Caston: vice chancellor (University of South Pacific).
- Lord Chamberlain: Earl of Airilet.
- Michio Kushi: Japanese-American entrepreneur who along with his wife, Aveline, are head of the macrobiotic movement in America, leaders in the field since the 50's.
- Harry Shlaudeman: American diplomat.
- Cicely Berry: voice director (Royal Shakespeare Company).
- David Ogilvy: 13th Earl of Airlie English-Scottish soldier and politician
- Dietmar Schönherr: Austrian-Spanish actor director and screenwriter (d. 2014)
- Franz Sondheimer: German-English chemist and academic (d. 1981)
- Lucien Herr: French leader (Correspondance entre Schiller).
- German Government of Wilhelm Marx takes power.
- Chiang Kai-shek is made supreme war lord in Canton, China.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1926 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I Love My Baby (My Baby Loves Me) - Aileen Stanley
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?