Friday 17 May 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Raymond Hide and Jean-Denis Bredin.
The Valiant, directed by William K. Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1929!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1929 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Raymond Hide: Geophysicist.
- Jean-Denis Bredin: French writer, attorney and founding partner of the firm Bredin Prat.
- Eloise Greenfield: American children's book author and poet famous for her descriptive, rhythmic style and positive portrayal of the African-American experience.
- Branko Zebec: Croatian football player and coach (d. 1988).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?