Wednesday 17 May 1933
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Glenn and Jean Vautrin.
A Study in Scarlet, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1933!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1933 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- William Glenn: Canadian-American producer of the top TV soap series "The Young and the Restless" for nine years.
- Jean Vautrin: French writer, filmmaker, and screenwriter.
- Yelena Gorchakova: Russian javelin thrower (d. 2002).
- Vidkun Quisling and Johan Bernhard Hjort form Nasjonal Samling -- the national-socialist party of Norway.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 May 1933
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?