Thursday 17 May 1934
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Born to Be Bad, directed by Lowell Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1934!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1934 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Sonny Knight: American singer, moderately known in the '50s and '60s as a rock'n'roll singer.
- Victor Arbez: French athlete and cross-country skier, who participated in four Olympic Winter Games.
- Earl Morrall NFL quarterback (Detroit Lions: New York Giants, Indianapolis Colts).
- Janet Banzet: American actress, also credited as Marie Brent and several other names, who appeared in several sexploitation films of the late 1960s and early 1970s.
- Friedrich-Wilhelm Kiel: German educator and politician.
- Earl Morrall: American football player and coach (d. 2014)
- Ronald Wayne: American computer scientist co-founded Apple Inc.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?