Sunday 17 May 1936
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lars Gustafsson and Philippe Boesmans.
Show Boat, directed by James Whale, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1936!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1936 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Lars Gustafsson: Writer.
- Philippe Boesmans: Composer.
- Dennis Hopper in Dodge City: Kansas, USA; actor (True Grit, Blue Velvet, Easy Rider).
- Guy Camberabero: French rugby player, selected 14 times in international events between 1961 and 1968 to play as fly half, and even though there were few games he managed to score 110 points.
- Dennis Hopper: American actor and director who first landed a role in "Rebel Without A Cause" at age 19.
- Panagis Tsaldaris: twice Greek prime minister (Born 1868).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?