Wednesday 17 May 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
It's a Wonderful World, directed by W.S. Van Dyke II, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1939!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1939 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Gary Paulsen: Young Adult Author.
- Gerald Eaves: American politician, who served as a California State Assemblyman from 1984 until 1992.
- Wim de: Bie; CEO (Simplistic Covenant).
- Emilio Vesce: Italian journalist and Member of Parliament.
- Hugh Dykes: Baron Dykes English politician.
- 1st sports telecast-Columbia vs. Princeton-college baseball
- The Columbia Lions and the Princeton Tigers play in the United States' first televised sporting event, a collegiate baseball game in New York City.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?