Monday 17 May 1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Simeon and Johnny Warren.
Action in the North Atlantic, directed by Lloyd Bacon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1943!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1943 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
Famous Birthdays:17 May
- Montagu Love: Actor (Wind), dies at 65.
- The United States Army contracts with the University of Pennsylvania's Moore School to develop the ENIAC.
- World War II: the Dambuster Raids by No. 617 Squadron RAF on German dams.
- The surviving RAF ''Dam Busters'' return.
- The ''Memphis Belle's'' crew becomes the first aircrew in the 8th Air Force to complete its 25-mission tour of duty. The aircraft and crew were the first to return to the U.S. intact for a War Bond drive.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 May 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?