Thursday 17 May 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include D A S Pennefather and George Miller American politician (Representative-Democrat-California.
Blood on the Sun, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1945!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1945 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- D A S Pennefather: Major General / Commandant (General Royal Marines).
- George Miller American politician (Representative-Democrat-California: 1975-).
- Earle Marsh: American TV executive and co-author, worked for Showtime Entertainment as of 1981.
- Guy Rouget: French international truck driver and homicide victim.
- B Chandrasekhar: Indian cricketer.
- Esin Engin: Turkish singer-songwriter and actor (d. 1997)
- Tony Roche: Australian tennis player and coach
- 2 US P-47 Thunderbolts bomb Kiushu
- Two US P-47 Thunderbolts bomb Kiushu, Japan.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Yah-Ta-Ta, Yah-Ta-Ta (Talk, Talk, Talk) - Bing Crosby & Judy Garland
- There's No You - Jo Stafford
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?