Friday 17 May 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sinaida Turchina and F Paul Wilson.
Dressed to Kill, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Let's Play Reporter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1946!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1946 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Sinaida Turchina: USSR -- Team handball (1976 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- F Paul Wilson: American novelist.
- Udo Lindenberg: German musician, jazz singer, composer, bandleader, actor.
- Peter Hinwood: English actor.
- F Wilson: American author.
- KVP Labor / Communists win 1st post-WW2 Dutch parliamentary elections
- US President Harry Truman seizes control of nation's railroads to delay a strike.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 May 1946
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- The Gypsy - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Andy Russell - Laughing On The Outside (Crying On The Inside)
- Perry Como - All Through the Day
- All that Glitters is Not Gold - Dinah Shore
- Sioux City Sue - Tony Pastor & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?