Saturday 17 May 1952
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jody Pijper and Bernhard Brink.
Scaramouche, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Reflets de Cannes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1952!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1952 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Jody Pijper: Dutch (background) singer.
- Bernhard Brink: German singer.
- Odile Jacob: French publisher, who founded Les Éditions Odile Jacob in the mid 1980s.
- Patricia Aakhus: American author and academic (d. 2012).
- Howard Hampton: Canadian lawyer and politician.
- 78th Preakness: Conn McCreary aboard Blue Man wins in 1:57.4.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?