Sunday 17 May 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kathleen Sullivan in Pasadena and Yoko Shimada.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Young Bess, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Coke Time.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1953!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1953 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Kathleen Sullivan in Pasadena: California, USA; newscaster (ABC-TV, CBS Morning Show).
- Yoko Shimada: Kumamota, Japan -- Author (Kir Royal) / actress (Shogun).
- George Johnson in Los Angeles: California, USA; rocker (Brothers Johnson).
- Nicholas Bacon: premier baronet of England.
- Luca Prodan: Italian-Argentinian singer-songwriter (Sumo and Hurlingham Reggae Band).
- Kathleen Sullivan: American journalist and blogger
- Eric De Lamarter: Composer, dies at 73.
- Yanks and Browns use record 41 players in a game
- Patty Berg wins LPGA Reno Golf Open.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1953 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?