Monday 17 May 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Joy To The World by Three Dog Night.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Escape from the Planet of the Apes, directed by Don Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1971!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1971 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Princess Maxima: of the Netherlands.
- Mark Williams: NFL linebacker (Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Bill Lindsay in Big Fork: Montana, USA; NHL left wing (Florida Panthers).
- Maxima Zorreguieta: Dutch news figure, a socialite who was the girl friend in 2000 of Crown Prince Willem Alexander of the Netherlands.
- Mark Douglas: YouTube Star.
- Martin Aunin: Estonian architect
- Shaun Hart: Australian footballer coach and sportscaster
- Máxima : Queen Máxima of the Netherlands
- Washington State bans sex discrimination.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
- Lobo - Me And You And A Dog Named Boo
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Bread - If
- Daddy Dewdrop - Chick-A-Boom (Don't Ya Jes' Love It)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?