Tuesday 17 May 1977
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Sir Duke by Stevie Wonder.
In UK I Don't Want To Talk About It / First Cut Is The Deepest by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Smokey and the Bandit, directed by Hal Needham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Oliver'S Story by Erich Segal was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1977.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1977!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1977 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Jere Michael in Aspen: Colorado; figure skater (1994 National Jr champion).
- Menahem Begin's Likoed-party wins election in Israel.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke
- Leo Sayer - When I Need You
- Climax Blues Band - Couldn't Get It Right
- KC and the Sunshine Band - I'm Your Boogie Man
- Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up (Part 1)
- Fleetwood Mac - Dreams
- Bill Conti - Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky)
- Eagles - Hotel California
- Glen Campbell - Southern Nights
- Kenny Rogers - Lucille
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?