Friday 17 May 1985
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Derek Hough and Matt Ryan.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Don't You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds.
In UK 19 by Paul Hardcastle was in the top 5 hits.
Brewster's Millions, directed by Walter Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Thinner by Richard Bachman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Henderson Kids.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cap'n Magneto or King's Quest II: Romancing the Throne.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1985!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1985 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Derek Hough: American dancer and singer.
- Matt Ryan: American football player.
- Teófilo Gutiérrez: Colombian footballer.
- Christine Nesbitt: Canadian speed skater.
- Todd Redmond: American baseball player.
- Emil Sitoci: Dutch wrestler
- Alyssa Stringfellow: New Zealand actress
- Greg Van Avermaet: Belgian cyclist
- Les Anderson catches record 97-pound 4-ounce Chinook Salmon, off Alaska.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 May 1985
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)
- Madonna - Crazy For You
- Murray Head - One Night In Bangkok
- Wham! - Everything She Wants (Remix)
- Sade - Smooth Operator
- The Power Station - Some Like It Hot
- DeBarge - Rhythm Of The Night
- USA for Africa - We Are The World
- Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
- Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?