Sunday 17 May 1992
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Jump by Kris Kross.
In UK Please Don't Go by KWS was in the top 5 hits.
Alien³, directed by David Fincher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while Jewels by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mr. Wakefield's Crusade.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Day Dreamin' Davey or Dungeons & Dragons: Warriors of the Eternal Sun.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1992!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1992 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 May
- Warren Neal Boxer: Dies of AIDS at 34.
- Leonardo del Ferro [Keyser]: US epic tenor, dies.
- George Hurrell: Hollywood photographer, dies of cancer at age 87.
- Lawrence Welk: American bandleader and accordion player who had his own TV show from 1955-1982 on ABC and, in 1953, was nominated for a TV Emmy as the most outstanding male performer.
- Expos Gary Carter is 3rd to catch 2,000 games (joins Boone & Fisk)
- 38th Mazda LPGA Championship won by Betsy King.
- Three days of popular protests against the government of Prime Minister of Thailand Suchinda Kraprayoon begin in Bangkok, leading to a military crackdown that results in 52 officially confirmed deaths, many disappearances, hundreds of injuries, and over 3,500 arrests.
- Protests begin in Bangkok, Thailand, against the government of General Suchinda Kraprayoon, sparking a bloody crackdown.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kris Kross - Jump
- En Vogue - My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)
- Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
- Vanessa Williams - Save The Best For Last
- Joe Public - Live And Learn
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge
- Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven
- TLC - Ain't 2 Proud To Beg
- Ugly Kid Joe - Everything About You
- U2 - One
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?