Sunday 17 May 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Up, directed by Pete Docter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The 8th Confession by James Patterson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 2009!
Which were the important events of 17 May 2009 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 May
- Al-Shabaab captures Jowhar, Somalia, from the Transitional Federal Government. (BBC)
- Four oil companies announce a plan to supply Europe with natural gas from Kurdistan, Iraq, via the Nabucco pipeline. (BBC)
- Peru's Armed Forces are authorized to aid the National Police for 30 days in a dispute with indigenous peoples. (BBC)
- The Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam agree to a ceasefire in Sri Lanka's civil war. (CNN)
- A 4.7-magnitude earthquake strikes Inglewood and Lennox, California, United States. (Sky News)
- Demonstrators demand that Guatemalan President Álvaro Colom resign for allegedly killing Rodrigo Rosenberg. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?