Friday 17 November 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Dr. Gar el Hama I, directed by Eduard Schnedler-Srensen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1911!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1911 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Charles Walters: United States -- Actor / choreographer / director (Easter parade).
- Nobutaka Shikanai: Japans media CEO (Fujisankei Com Group).
- William Tannen: NYC, New York -- Actor (Jailhouse Rock, Sitting Bull).
- Christian Fouchet: French politician, a Gaullist government official since joining de Gaulle's Free France Movement in London, 1940.
- Alfredo Montagne Sanchez: Peruvian diplomat.
- Jacques Vimont: French diplomat, who served as France's Ambassador to Mexico (1965-1969) and Russia (1973-1976). He died in Paris on 7 February 2002.
- The Omega Psi Phi fraternity, the first African-American fraternity at an historically black college or university, is founded at Howard University in Washington, D.C.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I Want a Girl Just Like the Girl That Married Dear Old Dad - Walter Van Brunt & American Quartet
- Alexander's Ragtime Band - Billy Murray
- The Camptown Races (Gwine to Run All Night) - Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in November 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?