Saturday 17 November 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Queen of Spades, directed by Yakov Protazanov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1917!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1917 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Joe Cornelis: Belgian boxer.
- Le Cabellec Yves: France Military man.
- Leandro Remondini: Italian association football player and manager.
- Jean-Baptiste Duroselle: French historian and professor, who taught at the University of Saarbrücken from 1950 to 1957 and returned to the Sorbonne after that.
- Jack Lescoulie: Sacramento, California -- TV host (Jackie Gleason Show).
- F-Auguste-R Rodin: French Sculptor (Baiser, Thinker), dies at 77.
- Lenin defended temporary removal of freedom of the press
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Darktown Strutters' Ball - Brown Brothers
- Beale Street Blues - Prince's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?