Tuesday 17 November 1925
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Clash of the Wolves, directed by Noel Mason Smith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1925.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1925!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1925 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Jean Faut: American baseball player and bowler.
- Charles Mackerras: American-Australian oboe player conductor (d. 2010).
- Colin Campbell Mitchell: Soldier.
- Libby Newman: Painter / printmaker / curator.
- James Allen: Vocalist / actor (Show Boat), dies of lung cancer at 84.
- Michel Reyt: French business executive, the Director of SAGES. Reyt was sentenced to 200 days in jail in 1993 following the illegal funding of a political party.
- Rock Hudson: American actor, a matinee idol whose name stood for the Hollywood Golden Age of wholesome heroics and light hearted romance. He was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actor in "Giant" in 1957 and won the Golden Globe for Favorite Film Male four times.
- Joe Mullaney: American athlete, he played pro basketball in 1949-50.
- Rock Hudson in Winnetka: Illinois, USA; actor (Pillow Talk, A Farewell to Arms, McMillian and Wife).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1925 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sentimental Me - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra (Knickerbockers)
- Ben Bernie & His Orchestra - Yes Sir, That's My Baby
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?