Tuesday 17 November 1925
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Colin Campbell Mitchell and Libby Newman.
Clash of the Wolves, directed by Noel Mason Smith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1925.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1925!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1925 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Colin Campbell Mitchell: Soldier.
- Libby Newman: Painter / printmaker / curator.
- Rock Hudson in Winnetka: Illinois, USA; actor (Pillow Talk, A Farewell to Arms, McMillian and Wife).
- Rock Hudson: American actor, a matinee idol whose name stood for the Hollywood Golden Age of wholesome heroics and light hearted romance.
- Joe Mullaney: American athlete, he played pro basketball in 1949-50.
- Michel Reyt: French business executive, the Director of SAGES. Reyt was sentenced to 200 days in jail in 1993 following the illegal funding of a political party.
- James Allen: Vocalist / actor (Show Boat), dies of lung cancer at 84
- Jean Faut: American baseball player and bowler
- Charles Mackerras: American-Australian oboe player conductor (d. 2010)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1925 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sentimental Me - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra (Knickerbockers)
- Ben Bernie & His Orchestra - Yes Sir, That's My Baby
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?