Saturday 17 November 1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fernandez Arman and Arman .
West of Zanzibar, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1928!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1928 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Fernandez Arman: French sculptor.
- Arman : French-American painter and sculptor (d. 2005).
- Rance Howard: American actor producer and screenwriter.
- Lala Lajpat Rai: Indian author, politician, & freedom fighter (Born 1865).
- Boston Garden officially opens
- Notre Dame finally lost a football game after nearly 25 years
- The Boston Garden opens in Boston.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?