Monday 17 November 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Murder!, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1930!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1930 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- James Dunnachie: Scottish politician, a Member of Parliament, Labour representative returned at General Election 6/11/1987.
- Robert Mathias: Tulare sports Champions.
- Brian Joseph Lenihan: Politician.
- David Werner Amram: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Composer (Splendor in the Grass).
- Jackson Randolph: American accountant and CEO of Cincinnati Gas & Electric, a utilities company.
- David Amram in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; composer (Splendor in the Grass).
- Bob Mathias in Tulare: California, USA; decathlete (Olympic-gold-1948, 1952).
- Bob Mathias: American athlete who was the sole competitor in modern history to win the decathlon on two separate occasions. He first was the decathlon champion at the 1948 Olympic games in England, then again at the Helsinki Olympic games in 1952.
- Arlette Gruss: French circus artist, the eldest daughter of master equestrian Alexis Gruss senior (1909-1985) and Lucienne Beautour (1914-1998).
- Musical Sweet & Low with Fanny Brice premieres in New York City
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?