Saturday 17 November 1934
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James M Inhofe and Fenella Fielding.
Anne of Green Gables, directed by George Nicholls Jr., was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1934!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1934 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- James M Inhofe: (Rep-R-Oklahoma).
- Fenella Fielding: English actress.
- Jim Inhofe: American soldier and politician 32nd Mayor of Tulsa.
- Anthony King: Canadian-English psephologist and academic.
- Terry Rand: American basketball player (d. 2014).
- Lyndon B Johnson marries Claudia Alta Taylor
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1934 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Annie Doesn't Live Here Anymore - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?