Saturday 17 November 1934
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James M Inhofe and Fenella Fielding.
Anne of Green Gables, directed by George Nicholls Jr., was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1934!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1934 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- James M Inhofe: (Rep-R-Oklahoma).
- Fenella Fielding: English actress.
- Jim Inhofe: American soldier and politician 32nd Mayor of Tulsa.
- Anthony King: Canadian-English psephologist and academic.
- Terry Rand: American basketball player (d. 2014).
- Lyndon B Johnson marries Claudia Alta Taylor
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 November 1934
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1934 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Annie Doesn't Live Here Anymore - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?