Sunday 17 November 1935
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Crime and Punishment, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 17 November 1935 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 17 November 1935 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
See other famous people born on 17 November
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Subscribe to our Newsletter
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in November 1935?
- Science: Science vol. 82 issue 2133
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Football Spectators -- Nov. 11, 1935
- Science: Science vol. 82 issue 2132
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Green Light, 1935 novel by Lloyd Douglas. Hardcover with dust jacket, 326 pages, published by Grosset & Dunlap.
A novel that takes place in the Valley of Virginia, tracing the experience of a family with four generations of strong women.
The second novel by the great American novelist now the subject of a major new film Genius starring Jude Law Colin Firth Dominic West and Nicole Kidman It is 1920 and Eugene Gant leaves the American South for Harvard New ...
STATED FIRST PRINTING. March 1971 Signet(NAL) mass market paperback, Rachel Field (And Now Tomorrow). After the death of her father, ten year old Kate Fernald and her mother head to the coast of Maine where mom has a job as ...
Tell the world why 17 November 1935 is such a special date for you!