Tuesday 17 November 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
You Were Never Lovelier, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1942 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Annemarie Oster: Dutch actress (Goede Tijden Slechte Tijden).
- Partha Dasgupta: Bangladeshi economist and academic.
- Bob Gaudio: American singer-songwriter keyboard player and producer (The Four Seasons).
- Kang Iew: Cambodian criminal.
- Lesley Rees: English endocrinologist and academic.
- István Rosztóczy: Hungarian-Japanese microbiologist and physician (d. 1993)
- Martin Scorsese in Queens: New York, USA; director (Mean Streets, Last Temptation of Christ).
- Martin Scorsese: American award-winning film director who is known for his attraction to the seamy side of life. Scorsese is considered to be one of the most influential American filmmakers of our time. His films belong to a variety of genres including his better-known dramatic pieces, musical drama, documentaries, biopics, and epics with themes that usually involve alienation, desperation, violence, or betrayal. Although he is best known as a director, he has produced a number of films and occasionally makes ca
- Derek Clayton: British track and field star, the world's fastest marathoner 12/03/1967 when he stunned the athletic world by becoming the first to race the classic distance in two hours and 12 minutes, a title he held to 10/25/1981 when the record was beaten by a 23-year-old American, Alberto Salazar.
- Kang Kek Iew: Cambodian politician and criminal
- Ben Reitman: American anarchist, physician (Born 1879).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?