Sunday 17 November 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Baylet and Alain De Chivré.
The Best Years of Our Lives, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Kaleidoscope.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1946!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1946 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Jean Baylet: Spanish politician, formerly a newspaper editor, who worked as the Secretary of State from 1984-1986.
- Alain De Chivré: French astrologer, director from 1984 of the Institute of Astrological Studies in Nantes.
- Werner Kniesek: Austrian homicide; the killer of four people.
- Martin Barre: English guitarist and songwriter (Jethro Tull).
- Terry Branstad: American soldier lawyer and politician 39th Governor of Iowa.
- Petra Burka: Dutch-Canadian figure skater and coach
- Eight British servicemen are killed in Jerusalem by Jewish nationalists.
- Afghanistan, Iceland and Sweden join the United Nations.
- Romanian general election, 1946: The Romanian Communist Party wins 79.86% of the vote through widespread intimidation tactics and electoral fraud.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Huggin' and Chalkin' - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- Helen Carroll - Ole Buttermilk Sky
- Sooner or Later (You're Gonna Be Comin' Around) - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- The Things We Did Last Summer - Jo Stafford
- It's A Pity To Say Goodnight - Stan Kenton
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?