Tuesday 17 November 1953
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dino Martin Jr and Jilly Johnson.
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Kiss Me Kate, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Life with Father.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1953!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1953 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Dino Martin Jr: Rocker.
- Jilly Johnson: England, United Kingdom -- Vocalist (Blonde on Blonde).
- Paola Franchi: Italian fashion designer and the lover of designer Maurizio Gucci.
- Babis Tennes: Greek footballer and manager.
- St. Louis Browns officially become the Baltimore Baseball Club Inc
- The remaining human inhabitants of the Blasket Islands, Kerry, Ireland are evacuated to the mainland.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?