Saturday 17 November 1962
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eric Olson in Santa Monica and Dede Fortin.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Big Girls Don't Cry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK Lovesick Blues by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Girls! Girls! Girls!, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while A Shade Of Difference by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Höhlenkinder.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1962!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1962 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Eric Olson in Santa Monica: California, USA; actress (Apple's Way).
- Dede Fortin: Canadian singer (Les Colocs) (d. 2000).
- Stevie Salas: Native American guitarist, author, television host, music director, record producer, and film composer.
- Annette Sergent: French cross-country running champion 3/22/1987.
- Dédé Fortin: Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Les Colocs) (d. 2000).
- Arthur Vining Davis: CEO (Alcoa 1910-1957), dies at age 92 in Miami, Florida.
- Little Me opens at Lunt-Fontanne Theater NYC for 257 performances
- Nowhere to Go, But Up closes at Winter Garden NYC after 9 performances
- President John F. Kennedy dedicates Dulles International Airport, serving the Washington, D.C. region.
- US President John Kennedy dedicates Dulles International Airport outside Washington DC.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?