Tuesday 17 November 1964
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Baby Love by The Supremes.
Guns at Batasi, directed by John Guillermin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1964!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1964 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Marina Tcherkasova: United States -- Pairs figure skater (1980 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Michelle Knox-Zaloom: Annapolis, Maryland -- Rower (1996 Olympics).
- Ralph Garman: American actor and radio personality.
- Susan Rice: American academic and politician 24th United States National Security Advisor.
- Mitch Williams: American baseball player and sportscaster.
- British Labour Party installs weapon embargo against South Africa
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Baby Love
- The Shangri-Las - Leader Of The Pack
- Jay & the Americans - Come A Little Bit Closer
- J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers - Last Kiss
- The Zombies - She's Not There
- Lorne Greene - Ringo
- The Honeycombs - Have I The Right?
- The Kinks - You Really Got Me
- Dean Martin - The Door Is Still Open To My Heart
- The Rolling Stones - Time Is On My Side
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?