Wednesday 17 November 1965
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Grant Connell and Raffaella Reggi.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Hear A Symphony by The Supremes.
In UK Get Off Of My Cloud by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Harum Scarum, directed by Gene Nelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Bräute meiner Söhne.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1965!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1965 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Grant Connell: Regina, Saskatchewan -- Tennis player (1996 Olympics).
- Raffaella Reggi: Italy -- Tennis star.
- Rob Koll: Bellefonte, Pennsylvania -- 163 lbs / 74 kg freestyle wrestler (1996 Olympics).
- Winthrop Graham: Jamaica -- 4x400m runner (1988 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Paul Sorrento: American baseball player, a first baseman for the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.
- Amanda Brown: Australian violinist and composer (The Go-Betweens)
- General Meeting of the UN refuses admittance of China PR
- William Eckert is unanimously elected commissioner of baseball
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - I Hear A Symphony
- Len Barry - 1-2-3
- The Rolling Stones - Get Off Of My Cloud
- Fontella Bass - Rescue Me
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- The Toys - A Lover's Concerto
- Marvin Gaye - Ain't That Peculiar
- Herb Alpert And The Tijuana Brass - Taste Of Honey
- The Vogues - You're The One
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?