Tuesday 17 November 1970
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Think I Love You by The Partridge Family.
In UK Woodstock by Matthew's Southern Comfort was in the top 5 hits.
When Moscow Laughs, directed by Boris Barnet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1970!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1970 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Heavenly: Doctor.
- Chris Tamer: Dearborn -- NHL defenseman (Pittsburgh Penguins).
- Max Huiberts: Soccer player (Roda JC).
- Paul Allender: English guitarist and songwriter (Cradle of Filth and The Blood Divine).
- Wendy Piatt: English businesswoman.
- Maureen Dor: Belgian TV-radio presenter, Maureen (for "Gone with the Wind") began to play as actress aged of 10. Early, she moved to France and worked for Canal Plus Channel and Antenne 2, and with Laurent Ruqier on radio Europe 1.
- Naunton Wayne: Actor (Dead of Night), dies at 69.
- British newspaper Sun puts 1st pinup girl on pg 3 (Stephanie Rahn)
- Russia lands Lunokhod 1 unmanned remote-controlled vehicle on Moon
- Vietnam War: Lieutenant William Calley goes on trial for the My Lai massacre.
- Douglas Engelbart receives the patent for the first computer mouse.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- Carpenters - We've Only Just Begun
- James Taylor - Fire And Rain
- Brian Hyland - Gypsy Woman
- Sugarloaf - Green-Eyed Lady
- R. Dean Taylor - Indiana Wants Me
- 100 Proof (Aged In Soul) - Somebody's Been Sleeping
- Bobby Bloom - Montego Bay
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 November 1970 and get them!