Friday 17 November 1972
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ron Lewis and Aviva Drescher.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Can See Clearly Now by Johnny Nash.
In UK Clair by Gilbert O'Sullivan was in the top 5 hits.
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, directed by William Sterling, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fleksnes fataliteter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1972!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1972 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Ron Lewis: WLAF OL (Amsterdam Admirals).
- Aviva Drescher: Reality Star.
- Kimya Dawson: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Moldy Peaches).
- Joanne Goode: English badminton player.
- Lorraine Pascale: English model and chef.
- Leonard Roberts: American actor
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now
- Lobo - I'd Love You To Want Me
- The Spinners - I'll Be Around
- Helen Reddy - I Am Woman
- The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin
- The Temptations - Papa Was A Rollin' Stone
- Curtis Mayfield - Freddie's Dead (Theme From Superfly)
- The Delegates - Convention 72
- Eagles - Witchy Woman
- Seals and Crofts - Summer Breeze
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?