Friday 17 November 1972
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Can See Clearly Now by Johnny Nash.
In UK Clair by Gilbert O'Sullivan was in the top 5 hits.
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, directed by William Sterling, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1972!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1972 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Ron Lewis: WLAF OL (Amsterdam Admirals).
- Kimya Dawson: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Moldy Peaches).
- Joanne Goode: English badminton player.
- Lorraine Pascale: English model and chef.
- Leonard Roberts: American actor.
- Aviva Drescher: Reality Star
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now
- Helen Reddy - I Am Woman
- The Temptations - Papa Was A Rollin' Stone
- The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin
- Lobo - I'd Love You To Want Me
- The Spinners - I'll Be Around
- Curtis Mayfield - Freddie's Dead (Theme From Superfly)
- Seals and Crofts - Summer Breeze
- The Delegates - Convention 72
- Eagles - Witchy Woman
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 November 1972 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?